Developed in collaboration with Powervamp, the PV45 ground power unit (frequency converter) improves on the successful PV40 GPU with increased power output as well as many additional features. In particular, the use of a 12-pulse rectifier provides improved input harmonics and power factor without compromising robustness and reliability.
Specifically designed for hangar use, this frequency converter is available with optional plinth for fixed indoor or outdoor installation. With a power rating of 45kVA, the PV45 ground power unit is targeted at the small to medium sized aircraft. The PV45 features:
- Compact mobile design
- Heavy duty casters with brake
- High quality output suitable for all aircraft
- 12-pulse input rectifier
- Unique tactile key board with secret legend
- Unique super-large display for instant viewing and operator comfort
- Unique marine IP65 all weather controls
- IP 55 enclosure suitable for outdoor use
- Automatic line drop compensation
- Comprehensive easy-to-use intelligent control panel
- Data logging
- For civil or military use
- Pre-fitted input lead (specify length at time of order)
- Pre-fitted output lead with aircraft connector (specify length at time of order)
- Includes 30-foot (9.14 m) output cable and 50-foot (15.24 m) input cable. Cables are pig-tailed and plug-ready (no plug included).
The PV-45 is available in two main configurations:
- USA Model (AERO Product ID: 2010375)
- Input Three Phase: 208V-480V three-phase 60Hz
- Color: Orange
- EU Model (AERO Product ID: 2010489)
- Input Three Phase: 400V three-phase +/- 10% 50/60Hz
- Color: PV White
The PV-45 can also be installed as a fixed electrical ground power (FEGP) unit, providing fixed power and saving on aircraft APU usage while the aircraft is parked at the gate.
As a manufacturer and exclusive provider of ground power at major air shows, Powervamp’s engineers have been uniquely placed to operate the company’s converters on all the world’s latest generation aircraft, gaining unrivaled data and experience while working alongside the airframe manufacturers’ test and field engineers. In this respect Powervamp is unique.