Are you ready for fast, simple, and efficient operating and testing of your aircraft hydraulic systems? AERO Specialties Hydraulic Power Units are the answer to your needs. These units utilize state-of-the-art technology to offer more flow, more power, and less noise all at a competitive price.
AERO’s size 2 HPU features an easily drainable 20-gallon (75 liter) fluid reservoir (versus the larger 60-gallon [227 liter] reservoir of the size 3).
AERO’s HPUs are fitted with a modern digital display accompanied by an easy-to-use, software-driven operator interface. The included software allows for quick and easy access to settings, aircraft presets, calibration schedules, and more.
Our engineers developed these industry changing units with invaluable input from MROs and certified AMTs from around the world. Our HPUs offer advanced aircraft safety features, as well as electrical soft start that extends motor life by saving your motor from unnecessary wear and tear.
Push Button Digital Screen
- Main dashboard displays live flow rate, pressure, fluid temperature, proper fluid level and the condition of both filters with an intuitive layout
- Three programmable setpoints for flow and pressure
- Available in French, German, English or Spanish in either metric or imperial units
- Maintenance dashboard allows quick input of the date/time, operator and aircraft tail numbers and tracks filter replacement and gauge calibration
- Easily navigated using backlit pushbuttons and rocker button
- Data logging generates useful reports for each individual test performed with a time stamped data file of all pressure, flow and temperatures
- Each file can be saved to a thumb drive and identified by the aircraft tail number
- 3-micron synthetic pressure filter
- 5-micron, high dirt holding capacity return filter
- Visual and electronic filter clogging indicators
- Automatic high fluid temperature shutoff
- Visual reservoir sight glass
- Automatic high/low level reservoir monitoring with automatic shutoff
- 50 ft. (15.2 m) power cord, cables are pig-tailed and plug-ready (no plug included)
- 25 ft. (7.6 m) supply and return hoses
- 5,000psi (345 bar) dual scale analog gauge
- Low noise, (<74dBa) Quieter than a shop vacuum
- Easy to access fluid sample port
- Fluid sampling valve meets ANSI T2.24.1-1991
- Easily drainable 20-gal (75 l) reservoir
- Ergonomically designed for easy maneuverability and low clearance in tight hangers
- Durable stainless-steel skins
- Locking hinged access doors and fully removable top for maintenance access
- Full true drip pan with drain plug
- Leak preventing hose hangers
- Electric soft start
- Super bright green running light
- Super bright red warning/error light
- Voltage Monitor
- CE Compliant
“We finally got to use the HPU on an aircraft last week and it worked perfectly. The pressure control is a really nice feature and it has to be the quietest HPU we have ever used. Thanks for the training, it served us well.”
-Stephen Ziglear, Director of Maintenance, Skyward Aviation
Comparable Tronair Hydraulic Power Unit (Mule, HPU): 51, 52, 53, 54 series
The equipment listed on this information sheet must only be operated by appropriately trained aircraft technicians.